Re: 2.6.20 SATA error

From: Sander
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 09:25:36 EST

Tomas Carnecky wrote (ao):
> Ralf M??ller wrote:
> >I had the same type of problem using an unstable power supply - after
> >replacing it the problems
> >were gone ...
>
> Hm.. my shuttle box has only a 350W power supply, that could indeed be
> the problem, as I have an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ CPU (dual core), two
> SATA-II 500GB harddrives and a GeForce 7800GTX.
> Damn.. I thought I payed attention to the power supply when I bought the
> components for my computer :(

FWIW, my system currently lurks around 300W from the outlet. This is
including one 21" LCD (some 30W - 50W). System is a dual dual-core
Opteron, 8x Raptor and 2x XFX 7950GT.

Full pull it does a bit above 400W. If the PSU has 80% efficiency then
it delivers around 320W to all components.

I'm pretty sure your 350W PSU is adequate.

With kind regards, Sander

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions
http://www.humilis.net