Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 09:26:44 EST

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 02:32:42PM +0100, Ingo Molnar (mingo@xxxxxxx) wrote:

> * Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > [...] that is why number for kevent is higher - it uses edge-triggered
> > handler (which you asked to remove from epoll), [...]
>
> no - i did not 'ask' it to be removed from epoll, i only pointed out
> that with edge-triggered the results were highly unreliable here and
> that with level-triggered it worked better. Just to make sure: if you
> put back edge-triggered into evserver_epoll.c, do you get the same
> numbers, and is CPU utilization still the same 98-100%?

No.
_Now_ it is about 1500-2000 req/sec with 10-20% CPU utilization.
Number of 'Total transferred' and 'HTML transferred' does
not equal to 80000 multiplied by size of the page.

That are strange tests actually - I managed to get 9000 requests per
second from epoll server (only once!) and 8900 from kevent (two times
only), sometimes they both drop down to 2300-2700 req/s.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov