Re: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?

From: Dave Jones
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 12:50:59 EST

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:26:55PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:

> Firstly, the first records of hidden SMBus, in September 2000, predate
> ACPI.

The earliest ACPI spec I have handy is 1.0b, which came out in Feb 2 1999
so this isn't true. The all knowing (and always accurate :) wikipedia
claims it was first released in 1996, though I believe that all the pre 1.0b
machines were using acpi implementations before the standard was finalised.

I certainly remember seeing ACPI capable machines circa 1997/1998.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk