belkin bulldog ups monitor vs 2.6.21-rc2

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 00:43:15 EST

Greetings;

I just rebooted to 2.6.21-rc2 and noted that getting x up and running was
about 15 seconds longer than usual. When it got a bash shell going I
went to it and ran htop which showed that the bulldog monitor was taking
90% of the cpu. Killed it, then restarted it, but when I ran the gui
which ran fine and then stopped the gui, the daemon once again went hog
wild and had to be killed, and I'm losing my kmail composer focus for 30
seconds at a time now that amanda is making her nightly run.

There is nothing in the log about it other than from xinetd as it ran the
amanda server stuff.

Not quite ready for prime time methinks. Using the ck scheduler, this is
terrible performance, virtually no multitasking. Back to 2.6.20-ck1 in
the morning if it lives the rest of the night.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)