Re: Memory stick reader Ricoh R5C592 supported?

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 07:12:17 EST

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:41:18AM +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> Memory stick is completely unsupported. We haven't got any specs for neither the
> the host controllers or the protocol. So I would guess it would be quite some
> time before memorystick is supported directly by Linux.

There are MS drivers for some Winbond hardware at
http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/~winbond/ - the combination of those and the
publically available docs from the memory stick site seems like enough
to get a protocol driver. The tifm driver also appears to be growing
memory stick support, and it looks like it's been implemented in a
fairly generalisable way.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx