Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Sat Mar 03 2007 - 17:11:21 EST

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> Those *other* (tons?!?) interfaces can be created *when* the need comes
> (see Linus signalfd [1] example to show how urgent that was). *When*
> the need comes, they will work with existing POSIX interfaces, without
> requiring your own just-another event interface. Those other interfaces
> could also be more easily adopted by other Unix cousins, because of
> the fact that they rely on existing POSIX interfaces. One of the reason
> about the Unix file abstraction interfaces, is that you do *not* have to
> plan and bloat interfaces before. As long as your new abstraction behave
> in a file-fashion, it can be automatically used with existing interfaces.
> And you create them *when* the need comes.

Now, if you don't mind, my spare time is really limited and I prefer to
spend it looking at stuff the topic of this thread talks about.
Even because the whole epoll/kevent discussion is heavily dependent on the
fact that syslets/threadlets will or will not result a viable method for
generic AIO. Savvy?

- Davide