Re: [patch] KVM: T60 resume fix

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 08:31:41 EST

> Quoting Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:
> Subject: Re: [patch] KVM: T60 resume fix
>

> * Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > suspend/resume works fine now and there are no warning messages
> > > whatsoever (with suspend simulation). Thanks Avi!
> >
> > I just tried Ingo's .config and it hangs on resume for me (with
> > suspend to memory).
>
> could you try 's2ram' from http://suspend.sf.net ? It's basically
> equivalent to 'echo mem > /sys/power/state', but you can usually also
> see the reason why it doesnt resume, on the vga console. (by default the
> kernel doesnt resume the t60's vga properly)

OK, I'll give it a try. Do I have to shut down X or is it enough to
switch to another VT?

> on my box resume works, but it's incredibly slow.

I guess it is possible that what I mistook for a hang was actually an incredibly
slow system, and that it would resume, eventually. I waited for 5 min and gave
up.

> Takes a few minutes to have total effect.

I have same here with my old .config (2-3 min).

However, after resume was completed, system would hang on the *next* suspend to
ram.

Ingo, do you see this behaviour, or can you suspend/resume any number of times?

--
MST