Re: [patch 00/18] 2.6.18-stable review

From: S.ÃaÄlar Onur
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 15:13:44 EST

05 Mar 2007 Pts tarihinde, Greg KH ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> > So maybe 2.6.18 deserves another stable release :) ?
>
> Why? Does anyone really use it now that 2.6.19 and 2.6.20 is out?
>
> I don't want to do a new release as we need to catch up on the 2.6.20
> issues...
>
> And also remember, the point of the -stable tree was that we would drop
> older releases after the next release came out.

I know, i just referred your "Barring anything extremely serious, this will be
the last 2.6.18 based release." sentence from last stable release
announcement and some security regressions seems something to me and just
want to ping :) and of course i clearly understand your point of -stable tree
maintanence with much more up2date kernel and drop olders view.

Cheers
--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!