Re: Linux 2.6.19.2: maybe a bug inside the r8169 network driver (was Re: Linux 2.6.19.2: Freeze with CIFS mount)

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 17:21:40 EST

Eric Lacombe <tuxiko@xxxxxxx> :
[...]
> Also, if you have some new ideas about the problem or what I could try to
> trigger it more frequently (I already wake up the NAS as more as I can, but
> maybe I could write a script to do that), I would be thankful.

You can add more DEBUG options for spinlock and stack usage, disable
preempt and pray for a trace before the crash. If you do not have a
second host to add more traffic (wrt to bandwidth and/or pps), try to
dd your disk and/or your remote storage to /dev/null while watching TV.

You are out of luck if it does not crash more easily.

--
Ueimor