Re: Xen & VMI?

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 05:23:27 EST

Avi Kivity wrote:
> Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Oh, and btw: What was the reason why kvm paravirtualization doesn't use
>> the vmi interface?
>>

> There actually was proof of concept code to do just that (by Anthony
> Liguori). For Linux, I feel paravirt_ops is superior as we can extend
> it if something is missing.

Thanks. That is actually the point I want make: although it is
*possible* to do that via VMI ROM, doing that using paravirt_ops is
*better* (no matter whenever the hypervisor is xen or kvm). Thats why
we actually have it. The very same discussion a couple months ago came
to exactly that conclusion.

cheers,
Gerd

--