Re: [SLUB 2/3] Large kmalloc pass through. Removal of large generalslabs

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 10:35:00 EST

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> > return -1;
> > }
>
> Perhaps so something with PAGE_SIZE here, as you know there are
> platforms/configs where PAGE_SIZE != 4k :-)

Any allocation > 2k just uses a regular allocation which will waste space.

I have a patch here to make this dependent on page size using a loop. The
problem is that it does not work with some versions of gcc. On the
other hand we really need this since one arch can
actually have an order 22 page size!