Re: 2.6.21-rc suspend regression: sysfs deadlock

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 10:56:42 EST

On 3/6/07, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- removing the buffer is now just

mutex_lock(&inode->i_mutex);
buffer = inode->i_private;
inode->i_private = NULL;
mutex_unlock(&inode->i_mutex);

put_sysfs_buffer(buffer);

- everybody is happy!

... with the exception that it will again make data associated with
sysfs attributes accessible past the point of returning from
sysfs_remove_file. And that was the point so drivers would not have to
care about handling access to extra data (such as static strings) past
the driver unload.

I wonder if we should keep Oliver's change and require attribute
implementations to offload "delete me" kind of actions to workqueues.

--
Dmitry