Re: [patch 2/6 -rt] powerpc 2.6.20-rt8: to convert spinlocks to rawones.

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 16:21:59 EST

Hello.

Paul Mackerras wrote:

As I said, this was intended for the -rt patch, hence the question was for Ingo. I CC'ed the list just to keep people here in a loop.

OK, fair enough, but I still think the patch description was
inadequate. In the -rt context, I would at least expect to see some
explanation as to why those particular locks needed to be converted.

I've floowed up to my patch with such explanation. In the context of an-rt patch itself, it was just too clear, hence I didn't go into explanations in the patch itself. :-)

Paul.

WBR, Sergei