RSDL test

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 09:09:30 EST

Hi Con,

One thing that has annoyed me greatly lately, is that scrolling in
firefox very quickly becomes a huge pain if you have any load on your
box. I typically do make -j4 kernel builds on my laptop (core duo), and
try to stay out of firefox for that period simply because it's not very
responsive (to the point of being really annoying). A pseudo test of
running two

$ while true; do a=1; done

produces the same result, firefox is unusable.

So seeing your post, I gave it a spin. Works great for me, much better
than the stock 2.6.21-rc3 wrt interactive feel. I know this is a
subjective test, but believe me, there's a world of difference.

--
Jens Axboe