Re: [patch 2/5] signalfd v2 - signalfd core ...

From: David M. Lloyd
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 09:32:00 EST

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 17:21 -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> int signalfd_dequeue(int fd, siginfo_t *info, long timeo);
>
> The "fd" parameter must ba a signalfd file descriptor. The "info" parameter
> is a pointer to the siginfo that will receive the dequeued signal, and
> "timeo" is a timeout in milliseconds, or -1 for infinite.
> The signalfd_dequeue function returns 0 if successfull.

Does this support non-blocking mode? It doesn't seem to at my level of
understanding anyway. If I use this with EPOLLET for example, I'd
expect to get a single EPOLLIN when a signal arrives, which would
indicate to me that I must call signalfd_dequeue() in a loop until I get
EAGAIN in order to be sure I've consumed all the outstanding signals so
that the edge-triggered notification can be "re-armed".

Make sense?

- DML