Re: passing function pointers through platform devices?

From: Haavard Skinnemoen
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 13:42:01 EST

On 3/7/07, NZG <ngustavson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once the generic GPIO framework migrates upstream from -mm

It already has:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=4c20386c8d0719b42503efe65abe47ad3fb3d711

I googled extensively and requested information on any current work here
before I began this project and got zip. (see forwarded email paste)

Your mail seems to be about a gpio userspace interface, which is
something entirely different from an in-kernel API, although I suppose
it should be possible to build a userspace interface on top of the
generic in-kernel API.

If you're looking for a way to do GPIO from a driver, the new generic
GPIO API should offer what you need, assuming it has actually been
implemented on your platform.

Haavard