Re: [BUG] ATAPI command TEST_UNIT_READY never succeeds!

From: Conke Hu
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 07:22:23 EST

On 3/7/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(snip)
I've read your last posting about this, but forgot to follow up. TUR is
supposed to fail if ATAPI device doesn't have media loaded. TUR fails
and sense data returns device not ready - media not present. That's the
normal operation. Does TUR fail even with media loaded or is sense data
not properly fetched?

Thank you, Tejun! I did forget to load any media :(
When I load media and retry, TUR succeeds but there is still a
problem: when using ahci driver, TUR will not succeed unless it runs
twice, and the following loop always runs till retries==2
-------------------- code in sr.c, get_capabilities() -------------------------
retries = 0;
do {
memset((void *)cmd, 0, MAX_COMMAND_SIZE);
cmd[0] = TEST_UNIT_READY;

the_result = scsi_execute_req (cd->device, cmd, DMA_NONE, NULL,
0, &sshdr, SR_TIMEOUT,
MAX_RETRIES);

retries++;
} while (retries < 5 &&