Re: 2.6.21-rc3-mm1 RSDL results

From: James Cloos
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 12:37:39 EST

Con> It's sad that sched_yield is still in our graphics card drivers ...

I just did a recursive grep(1) on my mirror of the freedesktop git
repos for sched_yield. This only checked the master branches as I
did not bother to script up something to clone each, check out all
branches in turn, and grep(1) each possibility.

The output is just:

:; grep -r sched_yield FDO/xorg
FDO/xorg/xserver/hw/kdrive/via/viadraw.c: sched_yield();
FDO/xorg/driver/xf86-video-glint/src/pm2_video.c: if (sync) /* sched_yield? */

Is there something else I should grep(1) for? If not, it looks as
if sched_yield(2) has been evicted from the drivers.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6