Re: oops in __nodemgr_remove_host_dev (was Re: Ooops with suspendto RAM)

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 14:26:26 EST

Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 13:14:42 Stefan Richter wrote:
>> Do you have a script or config which marks the
>> ohci1394 module to be unloaded before suspend?
>
> I used kpowersave to suspend, I failed to find anything related to ohci1394 in
> its config but rmmod ohci1394 gives exact oops so it must be rmmoding it.
[...]
> Are you able to rmmod it?

Yes, but on 2.6.20 and earlier kernels, most of the time with
development versions of the 1394 drivers. I still haven't tried
2.6.21-rc, will hopefully get to it tonight.

[...]
> I'll give -mm a try sometime this weekend then.

It will most certainly behave the same, unless you use the new
alternative FireWire drivers which are a whole different game. I hate to
say it but they don't have suspend + resume support yet. Like the
vanilla Linux drivers before 2.6.20/21, they have to be unloaded before
suspend or at least reloaded after resume.
--
Stefan Richter