Re: 2.6.21rc suspend to ram regression on Lenovo X60

From: Dave Jones
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 16:01:13 EST

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 12:45:20PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
> > I just did a build of top of tree, including those commits, and
> > it's still broken. Booting with pci=nomsi no longer 'fixes' it
> > though, which may indicate that the MSI changes were a red herring.
> > (Or that the subsequent changes have regressed it even more,
> > which seems unlikely looking at the changes).
> >

> I just found the same thing on my X60. Current top-of-tree with
> pci=nomsi does not improve things. When it resumes, the CPU is working
> (capslock toggles, sysreq-b reboots), but the screen is blank.

Yeah, I noticed the capslock works. Networking doesn't come back up
though, and it doesn't seem to answer to command that I type blindly.
Even trying to do something like..

pm-suspend ; dmesg >dmesg.out; /sbin/reboot

doesn't seem to execute the commands on resume.

Switching tty's to X with alt-f7 seems to lock it up to the point that
even capslock doesn't work any more.

I'll try and hook up a usb serial cable and see if I'm lucky enough
to get something useful out of it in the absense of a serial port..

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk