Re: i.MX/MX1 SDHC fix/workaround of SD card recognition problems

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 04:39:05 EST

Pavel Pisa wrote:
> this should go to 2.6.21, I have hold this for some
> months and I have discussed it in the thread
> "Re: CRC Errors with SD cards in 4bits mode (on i.MXl)"
> You have been CCed. This is not solution for seen data CRC
> problem, but solves problems with recognition of cards
> which has been timing sensitive sometimes.

I'll push it to Linus and see if he swallows ;)

> I have sent it into Russell's patch queue with my others
> MX1 fixes I have intended to be included in 2.6.21.
> It was probably mistake for this one, because it should
> go through your tree. If you send it to mainline
> yourself, I would discard patch from patch daemon.

For Russell's sake, things should probably go through my tree. Otherwise
he'll have to deal with all sorts of merge problems because of the
things I do.

> We have spoken about MX1 SDHC maintainership.
> I am attaching my subscription.
> I am not sure about mailing list field there.
> Do you suggest this one, ALKML or other?

sdhci is outright wrong. That list is only for the sdhci driver. I
suggest LAK or LKML, preferably the one with the most MX1 users and/or
developers.

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman