Re: sata_nv exceptions in 2.6.20.3

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 19:52:08 EST

Christopher Mulcahy wrote:

My harddrives are Seagate Barracudas ( 7200.10, 500GB, ST3500630AS )

They have jumpers to toggle between 1.5Gb/s operation and 3.0Gb/s operation.

When jumpered to 1.5Gbs operation, there are no problems.

Settings the drives to 3.0Gbs operation generates exceptions on only one of the 4 drives, but this quickly leads to hard lock-up. ( I don't see a kernel crash-dump, but the system becomes frozen and has to be reset )

The errors, lspci output, and dmesg from both 3G ( broken ) and 1.5G (working) operation are as follows:

Tried a different SATA cable on that drive? The controller is reporting SError values and CMD errors, which likely tends to indicate some kind of SATA communication problem..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx