Re: scsi: Devices offlined

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 22:17:42 EST

Philippe Troin wrote:
> Wakko Warner <wakko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > [84797.683873] sr 1:0:13:0: scsi: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery
> >
> > Is there anyway to make the kernel "online" a device that has done this?
> > I've had this happen on various devices (mostly on usb where I can
> > unplug/replug), but this time, it's on a scsi controller and the driver is
> > not a module.
> >
> > If it's possible to do this w/o rebooting, I'd like to know for when I have
> > this happen in the future.
>
> Have you tried:
>
> echo remove-single-device BUS ID LUN > /proc/scsi
> echo add-single-device BUS ID LUN > /proc/scsi

I tried:
echo "scsi remove-scingle-device 1 0 13 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
<device removed from /proc/scsi/scsi list>
echo "scsi add-scingle-device 1 0 13 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
<device does not show up in /proc/scsi/scsi list>

I also tried your method, which just gives invalid argument (using
/proc/scsi/scsi, since /proc/scsi is a directory)

According to scsi_proc.c:
/*
* Usage: echo "scsi add-single-device 0 1 2 3" >/proc/scsi/scsi
* with "0 1 2 3" replaced by your "Host Channel Id Lun".
*/

/*
* Usage: echo "scsi remove-single-device 0 1 2 3" >/proc/scsi/scsi
* with "0 1 2 3" replaced by your "Host Channel Id Lun".
*/

Either way, nothing.

Er, on second though, I actually unplugged the power from the scsi device
and replugged it and it shows up now. Oh well.. Thanks anyway =)

Got Gas???