Re: New kernel mouse recognition problem

From: Victor Fernandes
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 16:02:01 EST

Oh yes it helps, it works nicely, on X and on the console with gpm.

Most probably psmouse is built-in on the kernel because I have no
module with that name and if I check on the, what I suppose was the
build .config kernel file, I can see the following:

CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y

Do you want me to check something else?

Don't bother to Cc me directly anymore, I have subscribe to the
mailing list with another e-mail address to avoid problems. Some
domain migration issues, sorry for the inconveniency. Regards,

Victor Fernandes

On 3/19/07, Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Victor,

On Saturday 17 March 2007 13:06, Victor Fernandes wrote:
> Dmitry,
>
> Thanks for you feedback, sorry for the delay on my reply but because
> I'm not subscribe to the list, only now I saw your message. I hope you
> will be able to see that this message is a follow up on the previous ones.
> If you do not mind can you please Cc directly to me.

I did CC you on my reply but unfortunaltely your mail server did
not like me. Let's see if this one goes through.

> Now to answer your questions.
> The mouse do not works properly, I mean with this that I have the mouse
> pointer on the screen, with gpm and X, but it jumps randomly when used.

Does it help if you boot with "psmouse.proto=exps"? (Is psmouse a built-in
or a module)?

--
Dmitry