Re: how can I touch softlockup watchdog on all cpus?

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 11:30:38 EST

On 3/22/07, Cestonaro, Thilo (external)
<Thilo.Cestonaro.external@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You didn't explain _why_ you need to sleep for such a long time,
> and as you didn't give a pointer to your code, there's not
> much people can do to recommend changes other than "don't do that".

The code which is executed between the local_irq_disable and enable,
is just a function call into our companies bios (e.g. for updating itself)
and the long time is just 15 sec. while the bios has full control and OS is halted.
So I can't change anything at this point, but I need to fetch the watchdog,
cause it is not so nice, if there is a big BUG output on console while the
computer updates it's bios, very trustworthy isn't it :).

Just disable the softlockup watchdog.

Lee