Software RAID (non-preempt) server blocking question. (2.6.20.4)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 05:59:55 EST

I ran a check on my SW RAID devices this morning. However, when I did so, I had a few lftp sessions open pulling files. After I executed the check, the lftp processes entered 'D' state and I could do 'nothing' in the process until the check finished. Is this normal? Should a check block all I/O to the device and put the processes writing to a particular device in 'D' state until it is finished?

Justin.