Re: [Fwd: reiser4 bugs in 2.6.21-rc4]

From: Edward Shishkin
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 16:15:01 EST

Ignatich wrote:

Subject:
reiser4 bugs in 2.6.21-rc4
From:
Ignatich <ignatich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:29:18 +0400
To:
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7bit

There are two bugs I found in current -mm reiser4 code.

1. Some files seem to be zeroed out randomly. Usually it's /lib/security/pam_limits.so and /lib/security/pam_deny.so. As fsck.reiser4 didn't find anything wrong I decided to create clean installation in vmware and see if this bug appears on newly formatted partition. It did.

2. Sometimes I get oppses in reiser4_do_readpage_extent. Assert codes are vs-1426 and nikita-2688. A patch was posted on namesys list to address this problem, but it didn't help.

Kernel: 2.6.21-rc4 with manually applied reiser4 patches from -mm. Arch: x86-64

We are working on this.
Thanks for reports,

Edward.