Re: [1/5] 2.6.21-rc5: known regressions

From: Kok, Auke
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 14:54:56 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
Subject : e1000 resume weirdness

The issue comes from a corner case and the underlying problem is that e1000 isn't stopping tx properly. We have a fix for this pending in our tree that I'll push upstream for 2.6.22 to Jeff, but I don't think this should be a blocker and it's probably is not a regression at all, the gap has always been present.

on a side note, this is probably fixed easily by turning the adapters detect_tx_hung flag off in e1000_down, so if someone spots this reoccurring somewhat regularly, please contact me so we can debug it. I myself have a system suspend/resuming in circles for an hour now with traffic flying across without a single hit on it....

Adrian, you probably want to drop this issue from your list.

Cheers,

Auke