Re: USB: on suspend to ram/disk all usb devices are replugged

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 12:03:44 EST

Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Mark Lord wrote:

Mmm.. this sounds really bad -- I wonder what happens if the rootfs is on USB ?

The system crashes as soon as it resumes. As you might expect.

With older kernels, things just "worked" this way. Has it now been broken ??

No; it has never worked. Your memory of how older kernels behaved is wrong.

Ah. Perhaps my Kubuntu system was using a FreeBSD kernel under the hood back then.
It really did work for me, back about 2 years ago when last attempted.
But then suspend/resume (RAM) has always worked here on every notebook
I've ever used -- apparently not the norm for others. I just expect more.

P.S.: Help is on the way. I will soon submit a patch to help improve the situation.

That would be very good to see.

-ml