Re: 2.6.21-rc5-mm1

From: Mariusz KozÅowski
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 14:33:10 EST

Hello,

> > Ok. CONGIG_NO_HZ=n and uptime ~12 hours, netconsole loaded, and no hangs
> > ... until I moved my laptop. The same scenario happened yesterday during the
> > last hang. I started playing and repeating some steps which I naturally do when
> > I move my laptop.
> >
> > An hour later I came to this -> steps to hang 2.6.21-rc5-mm1 on my laptop:

Ok. Failed to mention one important step -> alt-sysrq-7. With alt-sysrq-{1...6}
it does not hang.

1. boot the system and login as root
2. load netconsole (insmod netconole.ko netconsole=blah... blah...)
3. issue alt-sysrq-7
4. unplug the cable (link goes down)
5. system is frozen until forced to reboot

> > This is verified and repeatable _every_ single time I tried. Unfortunately
> > the last thing seen on the screen before system is frozen is 'eth0: link down'.
> > So my guess is that when hunting for hangs I found something else that can hang
> > my laptop (netconsole that is).
>
> fix-sysfs-reclaim-crash.patch is known-bad. Did you try reverting that?

Yes, just tested it. Sorry. It doesn't change anything.

Regards,

Mariusz Kozlowski