Re: Silent corruption on AMD64

From: Aaron Lehmann
Date: Sun Apr 01 2007 - 00:40:20 EST

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 08:03:16PM -0700, Jim Paris wrote:
> Since it shows up under heavy load that includes unrelated devices, I
> think ruling out hardware problems is important. Some suggestions:

I've been able to narrow it down to the Realtek Ethernet card. I can't
reproduce the problem using onboard Ethernet, whereas the Realtek card
causes trouble in any slot. However, I still don't know whether it's a
hardware or software issue, or whether it's caused directly or
indirectly by the Realtek card.