Re: [uml-devel] [RFC] UML kernel & rootfs bundle with every kernelrelease ?

From: Antoine Martin
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 11:43:29 EST

Jeff Dike wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:21:43AM +0100, Antoine Martin wrote:
Just like the network auto-configuration via dhcp, it would allow users to download images+kernel and run them like appliances without understanding anything about X or UML, just click and run.

True, but I don't see that as being revolutionary. If people are
going to run a VM, presumably they have some purpose in mind, but how
often does that purpose involve having a GUI?
I think the GUI is more important for new users than anyone else.

Antoine