Re: [test] hackbench.c interactivity results: vanilla versus SD/RSDL

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 21:08:00 EST

On Thursday 29 March 2007 21:22, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> [ A quick guess: could SD's substandard interactivity in this test be
> due to the SMP migration logic inconsistencies Mike noticed? This is
> an SMP system and the hackbench workload is very scheduling intense
> and tasks are frequently queued from one CPU to another. ]

I assume you put it on and endless loop since hackbench 10 runs for .5 second
on my machine. Doubtful it's an SMP issue. update_if_moved should maintain
cross cpu scheduling decisions. The same slowdown would happen on UP and is
almost certainly due to the fact that hackbench 10 induces a load of _160_ on
the machine.

--
-ck