Re: ENOENT creating /dev/root on MTD RAM partition

From: John Williams
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 22:15:46 EST

Olaf Hering wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, John Williams wrote:

Any comments or suggestions on a possible cause or approach to track it
down would be greatly appreciated.

Just a guess:
Check if '/dev' exists. I think it is now possible to not add the built-in
cpio archive with the mandatory /dev, /dev/console and /root entries.

Thanks Olaf - you got me on the right track. Turned out to be an arch link script error whereby the "rootfs" initcalls were not placed in the initcall table - thus the init ramfs wasn't yet mounted, and /dev wasn't there.

Cheers,

John