Re: getting processor numbers

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 16:24:51 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
> Migration is fundamentally incompatible with many CPU optimizations.
> But that's not a reason to not optimize anymore.

I've been thinking about ways in which Xen could provide the current
vcpu->cpu map to guest domains. Obviously this would change over time,
but it could remain current enough to be useful.

> But I guess luckily most migration users will be able to live
> with a little decreased performance after it.

At least in the Xen case, the source and target machines need to be
fairly similar in architecture (can't deal with vastly different CPU
types, for example).