Re: 2.6.21-rc5-mm4

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 23:38:14 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:20:04 PDT, Randy Dunlap said:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:35:54 -0400 Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
I do a '/ACPI_SLEEP' inside that, and I get this output:

x Symbol: ACPI_SLEEP [=n] x
x Depends on: !X86_NUMAQ && !X86_VISWS && !IA64_HP_SIM && (IA64 || X86)

Only problem is that drivers/acpi/Kconfig:49 says:

config ACPI_SLEEP
bool "Sleep States"
depends on X86 && (!SMP || SUSPEND_SMP)
depends on PM
default y

Can somebody explain why I'm seeing the different Depends on in the two places?
Due to the top of drivers/acpi/Kconfig:

menu "ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support"
depends on !X86_NUMAQ
depends on !X86_VISWS
depends on !IA64_HP_SIM
depends on IA64 || X86
depends on PM

Ah. Further investigation shows that the "&& (!SMP || SUSPEND_SMP)" part
failed to show up because the line was too long - running 'make menuconfig'
in an 140-col or so xterm made them show up.

Anybody ambitious enough to add a "line too long" indicator of some sort? :)

Good luck. But the symbols are there. Just use left/right arrow keys
to scroll the display left/right and you can see them. Now if you just
had that indicator to tell you that you Need to scroll to see more text...

--
~Randy