Re: MODULE_MAINTAINER

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 12:46:03 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 06:33:06PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
>> - usage problems --> get in touch with the _support_
>> - bug reports --> get in touch with _maintainers_
>
> - bug reports against vendor kernels -> get in touch with the _vendor_
> (the vendor might ship a heavily patched driver in an ancient kernel)

Yes, of course. I implicitly meant the maintainer of the program as
distributed, which in case of distro kernels are the distributor's
kernel maintainers... :-)

Also, "get in touch" almost never means "send personal e-mail", but
rather to use bugzillas, mailing lists, discussion forums etc.
--
Stefan Richter