Re: MODULE_MAINTAINER

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 14:03:21 EST

On 04/04/2007 07:48 PM, Adrian Bunk wrote:

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 07:00:18PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

But in general, it would be nice to have an easy way to find a
maintainer (not author) from a module binary, and I agree
MODULE_MAINTAINER can work well for such a purpose. It's no mandatory
field, but could be some help.

Yes, it would be nice.

But would this information always be kept up-to-date for the whole tree?
I don't see this happen.

I believe it would largely stay up to date yes. The tag wouldn't be mandatory and adding oneself as a MODULE_MAINTAINER would specifically be saying "yes, I want to look after this thing". If someone then no longer wants to, getting rid of the tag is a matter of deleting one line. I wouldn't be worse than MAINTAINERS, and being inline, I expect it to be better...

Rene.