Re: 2.6.21-rc5-mm4 (SLUB)

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 14:34:32 EST

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Badari Pulavarty wrote:

> free. Any ideas on how I can track down easily ? Is there
> a way to store last allocated (function, line#) and look
> around there ?

Also you may want to switch off slab merging. That will allow you to
determine the cache involved if its not a kmalloc alloc and the slab was
merged.

Note that switching off merging may seem to cure the problem because
the object was corrupted after allocation and then the slab was never
touched again. It may surface only if its merged because merging creates
more activity on the slabs that will expose the problem.