Re: Silent corruption with r8169

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 14:49:32 EST

Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
> Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [adding netdev]
> [meta-comment: I wish people wouldn't use such unnecessarily broad subjects
> -- how is it the x86-64 port's or AMD's fault when you have broken hardware?
> Would anybody write "Silent corruption on i386" or "Silent corruption
> on Intel" or "Silent corruption on Linux"?]

I hope you feel better now that I changed the subject.

Aaron, I see no clear suspect between 2.6.20.1 and current -git
that could explain nor fix a corruption in the r8169 driver.

Can you apply on top of latest 2.6.21-rc5-git the patches available at
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.21-rc5/r8169-20070402

000[12]-r8169-foo-bar.patch have been committed a few minutes ago: you
should check if they apply or not.

netconsole appears compiled as a module. Is it used ?

--
Ueimor