RE: Warning: unable to open an initial console.

From: Tom Strader
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 11:58:24 EST

The problem appears to be that the uart driver is not assigning the
port. In uart_get() located in drivers/serial/serial_core.c the code
tries to access state->port but it does not appear to exist. Where is
the port supposed to get added/setup? Should this happen in the driver
init or does the kernel add the ports to the driver after init?

Uart_get knows the correct driver name drv->driver_name = "PXA serial"
and drv->dev_name = "ttyS", but the drv->state->port does not exist.
Where should the port be added? The port info exists in
drivers/serial/pxa.c but I cant find where its initialized. Any help
would be great.
Thanks,
Tom