Re: missing madvise functionality

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 12:15:52 EST

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

+ /* FIXME: POSIX says that MADV_DONTNEED cannot throw away data. */
case MADV_DONTNEED:
+ case MADV_FREE:
error = madvise_dontneed(vma, prev, start, end);
break;
I think you should only use the new behavior for madvise MADV_FREE, not for
MADV_DONTNEED.

I will. However, we need to double-use MADV_DONTNEED in this
patch for now, so Ulrich's test glibc can be used easily :)

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group