Re: Any Intel folks on the list? Intel PCI-E bridge ACPI resourcequestion

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 18:18:53 EST

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0701.3/0315.html

I have similar issues as this poster-- I was wondering (if anyone) had an idea to the root cause of this issue; is it a problem with the chipset, the BIOS revision?

Mobo: Intel DG965WHMKR
BIOS: 1666

Is it only Intel Chipsets that suffer from this problem?

... or is it a way the kernel handles ACPI/IO-APIC/etc?

Justin.

p34:~# /usr/bin/time badblocks -b 512 -s -v -w /dev/sdl
Checking for bad blocks in read-write mode
From block 0 to 293046768
Testing with pattern 0xaa: done
Reading and comparing: done
Testing with pattern 0x55: done
Reading and comparing: done
Testing with pattern 0xff: done
Reading and comparing: done
Testing with pattern 0x00: done
Reading and comparing: done
Pass completed, 0 bad blocks found.
1929.06user 467.89system 4:36:23elapsed 14%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
0maxresident)k
p34:~#

Not a single bad block found. Does the ICH8 chipset have issues, or the
cards I am using and how they are routed?

Any suggestions as to what this is?

Justin.

http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/18/drivers/scsi/sata_sil24.c

+ [PORT_CERR_SEND] = { AC_ERR_ATA_BUS, ATA_EH_SOFTRESET,
+ "failed to transmit command FIS" },
+ [PORT_CERR_INCONSISTENT] = { AC_ERR_HSM, ATA_EH_SOFTRESET,
+ "protocol mismatch" },

Is this a chipset or a problem with the PCI-e x1 SiI dual SATA port card?

Justin.