AIC79xx: scsi0: device overrun (status a)

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 22:19:37 EST

Can anyone tell me what this means:
Apr 5 22:11:56 vegeta kernel: [ 1265.267700] scsi0: device overrun (status a) on 0:1:0

Kernel is 2.6.20.

I setup a raid1 between 2 hard disks (on partition #2), as soon as it
started to sync the array, my log was flooded with the above entry.

The scsi adapter is an onboard controller on a supermicro x5da8. The hard
disks are SEAGATE ST318404LW drives on channel 0 (no other devices on this
channel).

>From what I can tell, the speed of the sync is going fairly quickly.
~29mb/sec

This is really strange to me, since I dd'd from the first disk to the second
with out any messages in the log (It was an older kernel, 2.6.17)

If there's any other information needed, ask. I'm not sure what else is
needed.

Got Gas???