Re: Ten percent test

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 14:52:57 EST

* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes it would be Ingo, but so far, none of the recent -rt patches has
> booted on this machine, the last one I tried a few days ago failing to
> find /dev/root, whatever the heck that is.

did you have a chance to try the yum kernel by any chance? The -testing
one you can try on Fedora with little hassle, by doing this as root:

cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/rt-testing.repo
[rt-testing]
name=Ingo's Real-Time (-rt) test-kernel for FC6
baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum-testing/yum/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
<Ctrl-D>

and "yum install kernel-rt" and a reboot should get you going.

> [...] I don't enjoy sitting through all these e2fsk's during the
> reboot just to have things I normally run in the background die, like
> tvtime, sitting there with some news channel muttering along in the
> background. I was even ignored when I suggested it might be a dma
> problem, which I still think it could be.

i did spend quite some time to debug your tv-tuner problem back then,
and for that purpose alone i bought a tv tuner card to test this myself.
(but it worked on my testbox)

Ingo