Re: Linux 2.6.21-rc6

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 16:58:56 EST

On Thursday 05 April 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>Ok,
> I don't think there really is anything very interesting here, but we're
>hopefully whittling down the list of regressions, and fixing various
>random other small issues while at it.
>
>Some smallish MIPS updates, networking (and network driver) fixes,
> removal of a long obsolete framebuffer driver, etc etc. The shortlog
> really tells the story.
>
>We should be getting close to a 2.6.21 release, so please update any
>regression reports you've done,
>
> Linus

[...]
>Andrew Morton (4):
> proc: fix linkage with CONFIG_SYSCTL=y, CONFIG_PROC_SYSCTL=n
> revert "retries in ext3_prepare_write() violate ordering
> requirements" revert "retries in ext4_prepare_write() violate ordering
> requirements" remove protection of LANANA-reserved majors

FWIW, this last reversion didn't do it quite right, the device-mapper was
at 253 prior to this patches parent patch, and now its at 252, which is
still a 'dump it all' change for both tar & dump. Until things settle,
I'm going to test and probably use the instructions that Dave Dillow just
sent me, which should put it at 238 regardless.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

- Linus