Re: Ten percent test

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 00:09:32 EST

On Monday 09 April 2007, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 13:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 08 April 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> >and note that a year ago Mike did a larger patch too, not unlike his
>> >current patch - but we hoped that his smaller change would be
>> > sufficient - and nobody came along and said "i tested Mike's and the
>> > difference is significant on my system".
>>
>> May I suggest that while it may have been noticeable, it was
>> not 'significant', so we didn't sing praises and bow to mecca at the
>> time.
>
>Actually, there was practically nil interest in testing. We made a
>couple of minor adjustments to the interactivity logic, and all went
>quiet, so I didn't think it was enough of a problem to require more
>intrusive countermeasures.
>
> -Mike

Does one of these messages have a url so I can test the latest of your
patches for -rc6? Or was the one Ingo sent the most recent?

Putting that url in your sig would be nice, and might result in its
getting a lot more exersize which should = more feedback.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

1-800-AUDITME