Re: REISER4 FOR INCLUSION IN THE LINUX KERNEL.

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 00:42:59 EST

johnrobertbanks@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
REISER4 FOR INCLUSION IN THE LINUX KERNEL.

Dave Lynch takes a reasoned approach to REISER4.

Dave Lynch wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
If the compelling reason is that it needs a test, I'd say its not ready.

Can you please elaborate ? I am not sure I understand what you are
arguing ?

Jeff Garzik is "saying" that he wants REISER4 to stay out of the main
kernel, for reasons he is not willing to tell you.

False. I have told you the reasons.

I for one would at least play with it if it were in the distribution
tree.

I AM SURE THERE ARE A HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD GIVE IT A TRY.

You can download it now. Nobody is stopping you, or anyone else.

As far as I could tell Hans pretty much everything else that was demanded. Hans eventually caved and provided - albeit with much pissing and moaning, and holy than thou rhetoric.

It was not his pissing and moaning, etc,... these were just excuses to
keep REISER4 from succeeding. The truth is, that any excuse would do.

The real reasons are financial and backed by big money (sometimes, big
egos).

Put down the conspiracy crackpipe.

Jeff