Re: per-thread rusage

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 21:13:25 EST

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 05:53:52PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> OK. The cool kids are using taskstats for this sort of thing now, but I
> note that taskstats is inexplicably missing the context-switch accounting,
> and perhaps other things?

Sounds interesting. I'll poke around there for testcase affairs if I
get moving on them first. I've no sentimental attachment to the rusage
patch, so if taskstats do happen to displace this, I'm not concerned.
(That said, it may still make sense to do this for the purposes of API
compatibility. I'll keep it moving along until it's all decided.)

-- wli