RE: Alternative to 'git bisect visualize'?

From: Stuart MacDonald
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 15:46:40 EST

From: Paolo Ornati [mailto:ornati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> I think this should work:
>
> 1) look at "git-bisect log" and take the last good/bad pair
>
> 2) "cat .git/refs/heads/bisect" to see where you are now
>
> 3) git-log --pretty=oneline GOOD..BAD
>
> 4) search for the current commit (found in #2) with "/CURRENT_COMMIT",
> now move around and choose another commit to test
>
> 5) git-reset --hard COMMIT_TO_TEST

That is exactly what I needed, many many thanks. I have moved off the
broken area of commits and am back into bisecting.

Where would be the appropriate place to submit this as a feature
request, to complement "git bisect visualize"; git, LKML or somewhere
else? I'm picturing an ncurses/menuconfig-style app.

..Stu